Home > Programs > Livelihoods development
Lack of practical employable skills is the root cause for increased unemployment and poverty among vulnerable women and youth in Uganda. Women and youth account 50% of the national population but they are the least served. This kind of situation increases their level of vulnerability to exploitation, Gender and sexual violence, drug abuse and prostitution and HIV/ADS infections.
AFHI provides the following services;
- Train youth and women in livelihoods and entrepreneurship skills.
- Link youth and women to government and private sector to access financial and non financial assistance.
- Provide vocational hands on skills for jobs and income creation
- Support formation of Village savings and Loan Associations(VSLA).
- Create market linkages for their products through private sector engagement.
- Train in start and improve your business (SIYB)
- Train on gender service responsiveness.
- Train in entrepreneurship skills.